Good news, we have closed nominations for speakers for TEDxTauranga 2015!
It’s good news because we’ve had 98 nominations to work through this year which is awesome!
There are 5 stages in our speaker selection process:
- Phone Interview
- Face-to-Face interview (which we call “Meet & Greet”)
- Practice Talk (where our semi-finalists present their 15 minute talks to us and we provide them with feedback)
- Selection of the final 10
Here’s where we stand:
- 98 nominations that we’ve interviewed on the phone
- 40+ is how many potential speakers we’ve interviewed in person at our “Meet & Greet” evenings at The Tauranga Club
- 20+ is how many practice talks we’ll be watching in person between March and June
- 10 is how many speakers we’ll be choosing for our event
The purpose for telling you this is to give you confidence that TEDxTauranga 2015 will be on of the best TEDx events on the planet.
3 more things I need your help with:
- Have you saved the date for TEDxTauranga in your calendar yet? 10am to 7pm Saturday 25 July 2015 (We’re planning an after-party also, so you might want to set a home time of 10pm 🙂
- Get your peeps to sign up via email so they don’t miss out on early-bird tickets (April) and other announcements
- Keep watching and sharing your favorite TED talks with friends and family in person, via email & Facebook etc (and drop in the fact that they can join you for a live event in July)
When can you get tickets?
- Early-bird tickets will go on sale in early April for those on our email list
Thanks in advance!
Head Organiser for TEDxTauranga
Phone: (07) 575 8799
Mobile: 021 128 5046