This is Sir Ray Avery, a leading New Zealand scientist, innovator and inventor.
And we are confident that he will challenge you and prompt you to Think, Thrive and Transform when you see him live on stage during TEDxTauranga on 25th July 2015.
You might be interested in his TEDxAuckland talk in 2010:
The draft title for his TEDxTauranga 2015 talk is “Disruption, Innovation, Spin-offs. 3 reasons NZers are better at turning dreams into realities“.
Avery’s inventions include:
- Acuset IV Flow Controller: A device that facilitates the safe administration of potent IV drugs
- Lifepod infant incubator: A high-tech low-cost incubator that uses patentable technology to reduce the mortality rates associated with upper respiratory tract infections of premature babies
- Proteinforte: An amino acid based functional food used for the treatment and prevention of protein-energy malnutrition
3 reasons for you to buy your ticket to TEDxTauranga (10am to 6.30pm Saturday 25th July 2015) today:
- Value: For just $85 you’ll see 10 speakers live on stage + entertainment acts + a selection of the best TED videos
- Sustenance: Food and hydration is provided all day
- Connections: You will make new friends. Only the most interesting people on the planet come to TEDx events like ours which makes every conversation you have, an interesting one